Without access to soap and water hand sanitiser is your best friend, but in order for hand sanitiser to be as effective as it can be, you need to ensure that you are using it correctly.
Hands up who is guilty of putting a little bit onto your palm and then clapping your hands together, or just giving them a quick 2 second rub. This is not being used correctly, and will not be killing 99.9% of the germs on your skin.
So what is the right way to apply and use it?
- Apply a 5pence sized drop onto your palm
- Rub both of your palms together
- Rub the back of each hand with the palm of your other hand
- Rub your hands together with your fingers interlaced
- Rub the back of your fingers with the opposite palm of your hand
- Press your thumb on the top of your other hand and rotate it a couple of times
- Allow enough time for solution to absorb into your skin and dry (do not use a tissue or towel)